[ZDP] Zope Documentation wishlist

Tue, 11 May 1999 00:07:34 +1000

>>> Craig Allen wrote
> The main gaps from my perspective are a more extensive reference manual and
> what I'll call a Programmer's Manual.

I think the former is a pretty critical thing to have. Right now, there's
bits of the docs scattered all over the place, and it's not really tied
together at all. I think some of this could be handled by improving the
doc strings of the objects, and adding more objects to the Object Reference
(/HelpSys).

For the latter, a collection of things like Amos' tutorials would serve
as a good first step - I find something like that to be much easier to
grasp than just an object reference.

Anthony.