[ZDP] sdf/simpledoc ?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
15 May 1999 11:41:43 -0700

"Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be> writes:
> I was surprised that Structured Text is almost only known in the Linux
> world. People, working with Windows, don't have a handy tool for creating
> sdf. Offcourse XEmacs is available for Windows. But, I thought I could learn
> my people to work with sdf and then they can easely publish the text
> themself on the web.... but I don't see them learning XEmacs....

Hi Tom - not sure if this is clear, but:

- SDF and StructuredText are separate things, though not dissimilar.

(I first heard of the latter when I found Zope. I have assumed it was
invented by the zope folk.)

- There are emacs/xemacs modes available for both, to make emacs
users' lives even easier; but the whole point of SDF/StructuredText is
to be easy to write in any plain-text editor, without any special
tools.

Regards,
-Simon