[ZDP] Revisions

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 17 May 1999 14:06:27 +0200

At 13:55 17/05/99 , Tom Deprez wrote:
>Can somebody explain me a little about the revisions :
>
>1. Are they used everyware?

Yes, all changes are stored.

>2. So bottom line, if I change something, the old version is kept in the
>database? What after, lots of testing, I finally got what I want, but also
>a big database...

Yup, the database gets bigger with time because of this.

>3. What if I delete something, will all older version will be deleted too?
>
>Tom.

No, you can always go back to a state before your deletion.

You can however, clean up the database. This is called packing, and can be
done from the Control Panel/Database Management screen. It removes _all_
old revisions of objects up to a certain age. So if you are certain that
you don't need to roll back to anything older than a month, you pack the
database to 31 days.

If you really want to remove only one object, you could undo it's
creation.. Just go to the Undo tab, and check the entry of it's creation,
and click 'Undo'. This will remove all revision data regarding that object
from the database. *Warning*: This cannot be undone! You better be sure =).

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer