[ZDP] How to copy zope database?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 19:05:53 -0400

Copying the entire database simply involves copying the
INSTANCE_HOME/var/Data.bbb file from one Zope to another.  If you want
to preserve long running transactions (like Versions, the Objects
Formerly Know As Sessions)  copy the *.trans.* files also.

'Clipping' a folder from a Zope requires exporting it.  Go to the folder
you want to be the root of the clip, click the 'Import/Export' tab, and
give it a name, then export it.

Take the file it puts in your INSTANCE_HOME/var directory (it will be
called export.bbe) and put it in the INSTANCE_HOME/import, then go to
the *other* zope in the management interface where you want to 'graft'
the clip, and click 'Import/Export' type in the filename of the export,
then click import.

Fini.

-Michel