[ZDP] ZBook Style Issues

Robert O'Connor Robert O'Connor" <bob@rocnet.com
Tue, 25 May 1999 10:36:44 -0400

I reviewed Tom's Zbook at:

http://zdp.zope.org/guide/introduction/starting/Outline/Tutorials/ZBook/Tut2

There are some style problems:

*No Text Wrapping

The body text won't wrap and requires the use of scroll bars.
This is especially true when the left column is expanded
by clicking on the "+" for chapter I.

This is true even on my 1280x1024 monitor and
IE5 or NS4.6 browsers at full screen.
This may be due to the use of the <pre> tag.(?)

Ok, with NS4.6 I can make the font small enough
(with three view->decrease font clicks)
BUT then it's less readable at the small font size.
I dislike reading Long lines and often resize my
browser to get nice readable columns
on other sites.

*CSS Text style sheets.

Use of the CSS style sheets need work.  I can not change the font size
of the body text in IE5 with view->textsize->largest...smallest.  Other
text DOES change (Headers and Example code.)  As mentioned above
NS4.6 correctly resizes the CSS specified font.

OPINION: I don't think that style sheets should be used for Fonts until
fully
supported in both major browsers.  There may be other reasons
to not use CSS....

-Bob OConnor bob@rocnet.com