[ZDP] http://zdp.zope.org/FAQ/ text width

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 31 May 1999 23:00:45 +0200

Alex Rice wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> In the FAQ, sections API and Administration (maybe others), the text
> does not wrap. Having to full full-screen my browser to see all the
> text. Running in 1024x768 mode. (Netscape 4.6, Linux) Other sections
> don't wrap, but are narrow enough that it looks OK.
>
> I looked at your HTML but could not figure out what's causing it. Maybe
> the width of your tables?

We know what it is, we just haven't fixed it yet. Sorry! (we're supposed
to be working on CoolFAQ, which is a next-generation-FAQ collaborative
FAQ tools implemented in Zope, and currently vaporware :).

I used structured text to write the FAQs. StructuredText renders some
examples with <PRE> tags. Some example lines are long, and make the
entire thing render badly. At least that's what I remember what it is, I
may have details wrong. :)

> BTW great job with the ZDP... when I learn more about Zope and Python I
> would like to contribute some articles.

Thanks!

> text-just-wants-to-wrap-and-be-free'ly-yours

agreed-it-should-ly yours,

Martijn