[ZDP] Re: [ZDP] Réf. : [ZDP] About Michel posting Re: [ZDP] Réf. : [ZDP] About Michel posting

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:28:07 +0100

At 11:25 03/11/1999 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com wrote:
>
>> Now, I suppose we have to alter ZCL for ZBook to address more advanced
>> stuff.
>> But I hope there would not be too many things removed from the current
>> version.
>
>I'd say let's keep the basic stuff in. Let us continue the project where
>it is taking us now, and not suddenly turn it all around. Two
>introductory books is not too little for something like Zope! Of course
>we should keep our eyes open for the potential of diversification
>between the books. This won't be too hard given the 'open' nature of
>both books; we can look at each other.

I agree, let us first finish our idea and then move over to a more advanced
book. Perhaps, when we've written everything that we've promised in the
ZCL, some things have to be moved to another book (like more advanced).