[ZDP] ZDP

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 18:38:16 +1000

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Mmmm, I'm still not really back online with ZDP (and let forget Zope at
> this moment... I wonder if I ever can backen up these 3 weeks of vacation).
>
> Can somebody give answers to these questions? yes/no is sufficient,
> although some more words if needed are appriciated.
>
> 1. Nobody is working on the ZDP site (tool, layout, program), like we
> talked of 3-4 weeks ago? See also link one of my previous messages.

I wasn't here 3-4 weeks ago..dunno

> 2. Stephan Richter (the person who was pumping fresh air into ZDP) vanished?

He popped out on the mailing list last week..Busy with study.

> 3. ZDP is now, not a FAQ, How-To,... collector anymore?

For this, you need a tool. And I think they are less effective (but
easier to do)

> 4. ZDP is now totally ZBook (& ZCL)?

I'd like to think so. ZBook can have tremendous impact on everybody
trying to learn Zope. If we do it right.

> 5. ZDP needs someone who makes a page with the progress of ZBook? You ask me?

I ask Simon first, haven't got any reply. :)

> 5b. The ZCL has to be published where?

The content or the outline. The outline should be posted somewhere on
the web :)
About the content, I would become part of Zbook. ZCL is just a framework
for people to contribute bits and pieces
to Zbook.

> 6. Active members  are :
>
>  Dody Gunawinata (Python)
>  Kamon (Installation issues with NT/IIS)
>  Martijn Faassen (Zope internal stuff)
>
>  Jeff Holland (Editor of drafts)

Add Brian Hopper (Copy Editor)..So we got two people who will help with
editing..

>  Not very active members due loads of work :
>
>  Tom Deprez :-(
>
> 7. So we're back working like the old way (beginnings of ZBook)?
>   -> someone writes a part and publishes it to the mailing list
>   -> others give corrections & additions

In simplicity yes. Unless we have people to work on a tool. But let's
put the content at the top priority.

> 8. How are the new articles going to be published?
That's need to be figured out. Every new article should correlate to
each others. That's the function of ZCL. To make
articles has more impact because of the topic cohesion (and connection).
Individual how-tos aren't a good way to learn.

The end product is Zbook (dummies->intermediate). ZCL is how to do it.

> Regards, Tom

my 5 dollars :)

Dody