[ZDP] Other ideas for ZBook marketing

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:45:04 +0200

mmmm... it's very difficult to get some people who want to write down their
experiences. And even more difficult to have people who are willing to
write a manual of a product! Mostly people start using it. If they like it
they go on, if they don't like it, they move to another product. I agree,
that DOCUMENTATION helps people to like a product a lot! But,... to have
people working on it, that's damn difficult...

When we made the first chapters of ZBook, we announced it to all the lists
Zope had... unfortunately we didn't get lot's of attention... nobody
offered himself to write a part of it... and I think that's something you
can't change by marketing... (and you mean by marketing: make it clear to
the world that we are working on Zope documentation and need help, isn't it?)

Tom.