[ZDP] ZDP - The future

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:15:35 +1000

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hi ZDP'rs,
>
> I just realised that at the moment I'm taking somebody elses work of... (or
> not?) It looks like that I'm now a certain contact/boss person of ZDP :
>
> ie. giving accounts to ZDP, sending messages to contributors, ...
>
> If I don't hurt somebody with this, I would like to do this job further...
> Somebody else complaints?

Yeah, boss...I haven't got may salary yet :)
I think the better word would be administrator or facilitator..boss is
indeed a strong word.
If you decide to take this role, please increase the visibility of this
project..we need the marketing done..
and...

Another thing I want to say..

The task of formatting content into structure text etc, should not be
the burden of the writer. Copy editor should do that..
And also, about the uploading to the web site..somebody should do this
instead..

Writers write,
Copy editor, edit and format
Facilitator(boss) recruits,  organise and market.

One final thing. This message is for everybody.

If *you* have promised to contribute in a certain role, please try to
actually fulfill it. Because the team actually trust your commitment.
Others would expect that you do your role. If you can't or don't have
the time, no problem, but you must say so, so we can look for somebody
else. You can always return when you have the time again. Working in a
project like this, we can count only on, first your word, and second
your action. Only then, you can be part of the team.

This is my status
(week 3)
Python Chapter..draft 3..
DTML-var tag..draft 1..My guesstimate would be next monday, I would
upgrade the status to Draft 2 with all the necessary
topics covered in a pretty good details...Draft 3 is when well, I don't
know yet :)

Ciao,

Dody
Italy