[ZDP] ZDP contribution

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:21:32 +0200

Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> I'll take on the dtml-if and dtml-tree tag from the ZCL (once I'm finished
> we'll see further).
>
> Moreover I'm writing some sort of introductory overview of dtml (what is it,
> what does it look like, how does Zope render it etc)

I'm not sure if someone is working at a "DTML Python subset" guide yet
for DTML expressions. Lots of Zope's trickiness is in there, actually --
namespace stacks, calling a name versus evaluating an expression, etc,
etc. People run into trouble with this countless times. So focusing on
this while doing a more detailed DTML overview would be good. Of course
you talk about intro so I'm not being appropriate here. :)

Regards,

Martijn