[ZDP] ANNOUNCE: Zope Tutorial 1.0a3

kamon ayeva kayeva@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:11:41 GMT

Hi Amos,

I quickly walked through the tutorial.

I had a first installation with the previous version and when I installed
the latest one over it, the tutorial did not start at the indicated Url. It
only worked after I deleted the product and re-installed it. That is just to
say that installation was not obvious. So it is a good thing if the next
revision does not require any installation from the user.

>>   A note at this point.  The text is extremely terse, as opposed >to an
>>   XML.com article.  Does everybody think that this is the right
>>   approach?  I do, but more feedback is appreciated.
>
>I agree. I think more detail is needed, but elsewhere. The glossay >is a
>start, but How-Tos and the Guides should be the locaion of the real >in
>depth discussion.

I also think the tutorial content should be more visual.

Anyway, it is good for a first version. Good job.

Regards,
Kamon