[ZDP] NEw ZDP Look?

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:57:58 +0200

Hi Rik !

Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> >It's only for managers right now :-)
> >

> Hm, perhaps it's not a bad idea to keep the schism in the public view and
> the managers view. The public view should be cleaned up a bit I think, but I
> like that one as well (having a different purpose).

I will clean things up soon.

> >The philosophy is always:
> >
> >Change no matter what no matter how no matter who :-)
> >Evolution through Mutation. Selection comes later.
> >

> Evolution is through random mutation, I thought your actions were a bit more
> coordinated from the start ;-) ?

No way ! I am a follower of "The Mud-Throwing Theory of Usability":

The trick is to "design new websites and innovative Internet services
with the idea to throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. The metaphor
of treating design like mud supposedly leads to shorter time-to-market
and thus faster success in growing the business. The assumption is that
speed is everything. If the initial design has weaknesses (i.e., drops
off the wall), then they can always be fixed in the redesign."

This kinda sums it up, what I've done with the ZDP-Tools ;-)

If you want to read more here is the link:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20000402.html

Greetings,

Maik Röder