[ZDP] I'm baack!

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 03:49:39 +0100

Hi Eron !

Welcome back !

Eron Lloyd wrote:
> Hello, ZDP members! I enlisted myself before the holidays to your
> efforts, and now I have time to contribute. I planned on writing a
> "Building a Website With Zope for Dummies" type tutorial, starting with
> the very basics of installing Zope all the way to making all the content
> searchable. Then I realized how much I DON'T have a clue about

There are now some chapters in ZBook. Perhaps you can learn some of
the basics from it, and possibly give some feedback to the writers.

http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/projects/zbook/book

>, so decided to start by slowly documenting simple Zope techniques, like
> displaying images, creating links, and using and generating tables, that
> need some direction when confronted by the "old-style" web publishers
> that are only used to HTML.

When you have some stuff written, we may add them to the Snippets repository
(To be done) or to the How-To section.

> From these mini "how-tos", I'd like to start
> building the tutorial on how to create a dynamic Zope site from scratch.

Maybe you can place this tutorial somewhere in ZBook as a chapter ? I
don't have an overview right now, but maybe something like this fits in
there ?

Greetings,

Maik