[ZDP] RE: Réf. : [ZDP] DC's Zope Docume ntation Plan ntation Plan

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:53:51 -0500

kamon wrote:

> I think the Zope documentation effort needs to concentrate on
> serving the
> needs of the different constituencies that the document correctly
> presented. There should be an "Area" on Zope.org or zdp.zope.org that
> addresses each of them. That's actually coming to my mind
> from what exists
> on Lotus or IBM sites.

That sound like a good idea. Would this be a sort of
orientation/advocacy area, or a way of organizing documentation on the
site?

> In addition to what you say in your document, they should be able to
> document and publish their modules documentation on the site.
> We currently have an example with the ongoing MCrypto/SSL.
> Though it is not
> yet a stable release, some ongoing documentation would help
> more people
> test it and contribute to it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

> Finally, I think the current projects are good, but there is also the
> challenge of organizing all these efforts for no duplication and
> effectiveness.

Right. I don't want DC to redo something that the ZDP has already
started, for example.

Thanks for your feedback!

-Amos

--