[ZDP] the be all end all interface project

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:54:07 +0100

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am mailing you folks to inform you of the inception of a new Project
> at Digital Creations that I am heading: documenting the most commonly
> used and most critical interfaces in Zope, and devising a framework for
> continuing to document Zope interfaces as they are (reverse or newly)
> engineered.

Very interesting! This fits in somewhat with my product guidelines
project. The latest version of the document that it aims to produce is here:

http://www.zope.org/Members/faassen/product_guidelines

> If you are recieving this email, then research has indicated you have an
> interest, at least passing, in this field.  Since we at DC have a long
> history of flailing in the gale force winds of the community, I am
> asking all of you to please let me know if you would like to
> participiate in this project.

I'd like to participate.

[snip]
> This is just an introductory email, there is little detail here on the
> things that I am working on, however, those of you who reply to this
> email will receive another email

And surely there'll always be a copy to the ZDP list; this seems to be the
'natural' place to discuss these things. Individual emails are good though,
as a more personal prodding sometimes helps bring people into action. :)

Anyway, very interesting work. Will this eventually move towards setting
some of these interfaces in code? I'm thinking of Jim Fulton's interface
proposal here.

Regards,

Martijn