[ZDP] Réf. : Re: [ZDP] Proposal for ZBook project orga nisation nisation

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:56:35 +0100

Hi,

I thank Rik for his reaction yesterday, because it made me rethink the
documentation content, and I agree there is a challenge to have something
more coherent. In addition all this should fit in a book even if online.
The question is: Do we want ZBook to have an integrated content covering
high level discussions of the application framework and also reference
parts ?
If people think Yes (as I do), and taking into account Rik's comments, then
the Zbook's high level layout will look something like:

I  A WEB APPLICATION PLATFORM (Introduction Part)

II  ZEN OF ZOPE (Architectural view of framework/components + object model
(including methods and ZClasses) + Acquisition)

III APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT (Higher level discussion of how to program
Zope: DTML - Python - External - ZClasses - Products)

IV ZOPE SECURITY (Higher level view/discussion of how to implement the
security features)

V  CUTTING EDGE (WebDAV, XML-RPC, SOAP ==> Interoperability, Content
syndication, ...)

APPENDIX A. PLATFORM INSTALLATION (From Kamon's drafts)

APPENDIX B. DTML REFERENCE (Isn't already part of ZQR ?)

APPENDIX C. ZOPE QUICK REFERENCE

APPENDIX D. PYTHON FOR ZOPE DEVELOPPERS (Dody's parts)

APPENDIX E. ZOPE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION

ZTUTORIALS

ZT1  Building a dynamic web site (Zope's simple features)

ZT2  Building a community projects site - zdp.zope.org (with ZClasses, XML,
RDF, ...)

ZT3  SQL Data Integration with Zope

and so on...

Feel free to propose additions/modifications in the order or items of this
high level layout.

Regards,
Kamon