[ZDP] Maintainer issue

Maik Röder mroe@axion-gmbh.de
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:18:11 +0100

Hi Rik !

Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> > > Possibly more questions when I resume working.
>
> Ah, yes there was one more thing: I noticed that even though I made
> myself maintainer of ZSnippets, other people who made specific folders
> were maintainers there (Kamon, you).

As a Maintainer, you are allowed to claim ownership of the folders
underneath your project. The Snippet Maintainer should be the person
who created it, I think. It is no problem to claim Maintainership
of a hull as long as the content Maintainership remains untouched.

> SO the maintainer is added automatically from the authenticated user
> (unless changed). Now I have no problems with it, but thought it to
> be a bit confusing perhaps. Is this intended behaviour, I would
> tend to find it more logical (he wrote carefully) that a maintainer
> was inherited from a PARENT folder unless it was explicitly changed.

This will have to change in a future version of ZDP-Tools. I want to
create a Maintainer drop-in ZClass which holds the Maintainer information
and methods. This would then be aquired by subfolders like you said.

I would also like to create Writer Folders which would then contain
all Writers for the subtree. Additionally I would like to have Changes
Folder and History Folders.

Right now every DocumentFolder has got a Maintainer property. Because
all ZClasses are subclasses of DocumentFolder, every DocumentFolder
instance has a Maintainer, which will not be aquired.

Maybe as a workaround, we could leave the Maintainer field of
subfolders blank, and in such a case use the Maintainer field of
aq_parent ?

Greetings,

Maik