[ZDP] Feedback about zdp.zope.org

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:05:01 -0800

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> From: <kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com>
> > 1/ The site responds OK with the URL.
>
> I did some digging. Someone made a mistake here, the primairy DNS of the
> Zope.org domain still lists the old server (216.84.136.243), while the
> secondary DNS server lists zdp.zope.org as having the new ip number
> (209.185.210.24).
>
> Unfortunately this means that most people will still be sent to the old (now
> disfunct) ZDP server, because they will get their information from the
> primairy DNS.
>
> I CC-ed Nick Garcia of CodeIt on this mail (Hi Nick), so he can rectify this
> (I hope).

Hi Martijn, the whois listing shows this:

   Domain Name: ZOPE.ORG
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: NS02.CODEIT.COM
   Name Server: NS1.DIGICOOL.COM
   Updated Date: 22-feb-1999

I don't have any control over ns1.digicool.com which is where the
problem would be.  ns02.codeit.com gets all it's dns information from
ns01.codeit.com or (in the case of the zope and digicool domains) from
ns1.digicool.com.  It might just be the TTL of the dns record on
ns1.digicool.com.

--
Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com