[ZDP] ZDPTools questions

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:28:47 +0100

Hi all,

I have taken up my task of maintaining ZSnippets a bit more serious. For the
time being I have taken maintainership of all folders. This seemed me to be
clearer than having six different editors for one category. If anyone feels
he should be maintainer of a specific section, please take it back ;<:)

Maik, a few questions:

- Is there a possibility that I get an email message whenever a Snippet is
added (not that traffic is very high now, but who knows?). Does ZDP Tools
have a provision for this, or does that involve altering the ZClass?
- There is a provision for category and for keywords in the Snippets.
Shouldn't we get a (more or less) standard keyword list, now that the site
is just beginning. 'Controlling' will enable us to do some consitent
searching/(Catalog based)browsing instead of a myriad of keywords scattered
over the place, which will only make searching more confused.

A beginning of a proposal (from the top of my head):
- dtml (content related to dtml)
  * syntax
  * variables
- tags (dtml tags explained etc)
- security (item related to security)
  * roles
  * permissions
  * passwords
  * authenticated_user
- externalmethods
- pythonmethods
  * argumentpassing
- contentmanipulation (manipulating content of dtml documents for example)
- pythonproducts
- acquisition
- zsqlmethods
.
.
.

Of course, this list is far from complete, but the idea is clear I think. Do
you think this is the way to go

Rik