[ZDP] New Site Design

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 11:41:59 +0100

Hi Maik,

Liked the new look a lot :-) It's getting to be more like it should. Here's my
comments:

Can you change the "width=600" for the main table to be "width=100%"?
It would make more use of my browser...

The breadcrumbs don't always seem to match up with how you got to where you are.
Of course, having said that, I can't actually find an example. I guess this is
just part of the development process :-)

There doesn't seem to be any way to join. I'd love to do so but can't find out
how. Is there a review process yet so I can write stuff, then have it reviewed
before it's published?

How's linking to external documents coming along? I'd guess at having a 'link'
type object/class which has a title, a description and a URL. That way you could
link to anything, say what it contains, and hence have it 'in the ZDP'.
A good example would be the various bits of the Interfaces Wiki, which seems to
be the master document for the Zope API right now.

> Thanks go out to Kamon who already started on the new Subject hierarchy.
> You can access the forms for changing subjects and topics in the management
> interface:
>
> [Edit Meta Information]
> [Edit Communities]
> [Edit Subjects]
> [Edit Topics]

Couldn't check this out 'cos I'm not a member :(

Apart from that, it looks great. I think the key is to get everything currently
available in the way of documentation into, or referenced from, ZDP and then
persuade DC to make the 'documentation' link on zope.org point to zdp.zope.org
rather than zope.org/documentation ;-)

cheers,

Chris