[ZDP] Portals

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Sun, 7 May 2000 22:51:19 +0200

[Been away for one (1) week and have to catch up with all sorts of Portals,
new layout etcetcetc. ZDP seems to be catching on ... ;-)]

>Another brain dump...
>
>This time on ideas for the Portal Structure:
>
>+ - Introduction (newbies, evaluators, the like)
>|
>+ - Users
>|   |
>|   + - DTML (stuff at the management interface level)

      + - Using Zope (guides per component, ZBook, Tutorials). Basic stuff
(hm this should probably be first. But DTML should go separate).

>|   |
>|   + - ZClasses (stuff for people who develop ZClass-based products)
>|
>+ - Developers
>|    |
>|    + - Products (APIs, etc, for people who develop Python Products)
>|    |
>|    + - Application ( stuff for people actually developing Zope itself)
>|
>+ - SIGs
>    + - PTK
>    + - ZODB (storage discussions and the like)
>    + - SQL/RDBS
>    + - High Availability
>

>That's what the levels of Zope feel like to me. ZClasses and their ilk are
>tricky 'cos I'm not sure whether they belong under users or developers.

Definitely Developers, I'd say. Developing Products should have subsections
(and a general design section)

> Maybe
>they need to be in both portals?

Nope. I tend to think ZClasses are too difficult for Users (but who are
users? And is ZOpe meant for them)

Rik