[ZDP] Submitting Itamar's draft

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Tue, 09 May 2000 18:33:27 +0200

Hi Tom !

Tom Deprez wrote:
> >> Mmm, I was trying to add a DraftSubmissionfolder in the Backup Directory,
> >> but it looks like Zope is in an endless loop, ie. it never adds the folder,
> >> it keeps trying.
>
> >I have tried it and it worked fine. Can you reproduce this ?
>
> Yup, still the same effect. Adding a draftsubmissionfolder in the backup
> topic of the portal is not possible. At least not from my place.

I have tried again, and it worked. Something else must be the problem.

> >I think we should make a Howto Folder ZClass and Howto ZClass
> >and put the Draft in an DraftsSubmissionFolder. I am not sure whether
> >it is a good idea to put Drafts inside the Meta-Hierarchy.
>
> sorry, can't follow.

I just thought it may be nice to have Howto documents now that we have
snipperts and FAQs. But, I have another idea ! We should put all
Drafts into the Member folder, and then have them included in the
respective Portal under the Subject and Topic.

> >Isn't this someting that could be added to ZBook as a Draft ? Then
> >it would show up in the Administrators Portal by a ZCatalog search
> >on the Subject, Topic and Community. This is how the Portals work
> >anyway, so I see no need to put the documents right in there.
>
> You are mentioning to Itamar's Draft? Yes, it's possible to put it in
> ZBook. I was only thinking that everything now had to go into the portal.
> But, <gasp> now I understand it fully. The Portal is just a search
> function. Not something which actually contains the doc (a hierarchy of
> docs) for misinterpreting this stuff.

Yes, but I think we may better put stuff that we can not put somewhere
in the ZBook, ZFAQ or ZSnippet into the Member Folder, and have it
only accessible from the Portal.

I have already created a LinkFolder in my Member Folder and inside it
are now some links that are now happily collected inside many different
Portals. This idea is originally from the PTK people, but I never
quite understood just why it could be useful, because I always thought
we may be able to store everything in a Document hierarchy.

Perhaps keeping a Document Hierarchy is not necessary for stuff that
can change a lot in shap like Drafts. Also Links often can hardly be put
inside a Document Hierarchy, and can better be collected inside a
Subject or Topic.

Greetings,

Maik Röder