[ZDP] Projects and Portals.

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Sun, 14 May 2000 17:12:22 +0200

Hi Christian !

Christian Scholz wrote:
> I am just thinking about some things, especially about Maik saying
> that he wants to integrate the projects like the Zope Book into the
> portals. I am just wondering how this might look as I cannot imagine it ;-)

The project itself is interesting for ZDP members.
It has the Community "Members".
Inside the Member Portal there will be a Subject "Project", which automatically
searches for all Projects for Members.

A ZBook Chapter will have a Subject, Topic and Community too.
For example let there be a Chapter with the Subject DTML,
the Topic Security and the Community Developers.
This will for be found for example by a Topic inside the Developer
Portal on Security inside a Subject of DTML

> I am also thinking that these projects should maybe stay separate as they
> might be sort of condensed/filtered information from the portals.

Yes. All information that has settled and is sort of in a final
location should remain separate from the frequently changing
meta hierarchy. You can think of it as an external resource,
even if it is on the ZDP site itself. The only difference
between external resources and "external internal" information
is that "external internal" information is found automatically
by a Catalog search and external information is found by links.

Greetings,

Maik Röder