[ZDP] Documentation in text form?

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 24 May 2000 22:19:25 +0200

Hi !

jiva@devware.com wrote:

> Is it possible to get ALL the documentation/HOW-TOs/TIPS/FAQS in text
> files someplace?

At least the FAQ can be see on one page right now.

http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zfaq/faq/List_Flat

I have no time to make the other stuff available in the same form,
but maybe someone else can jump in and help ?

I have made the tips available in one file on zope.org:

http://www.zope.org/Members/roeder/tips_in_html
http://www.zope.org/Members/roeder/tips_in_xml

You can do the same for How-Tos on Zope.org as well,
if you adapt this code for the Tips, assuming
you are a Zope.org member:

tips_in_html DTML method on zope.org

<HTML>
<BODY>
<dtml-with "PARENTS[-1].SiteIndex">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('meta_type', 'Tip')">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('sort_on', 'date')">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('sort_order', 'reverse')">
  <!--#with "_(results = searchResults(REQUEST=REQUEST))"-->

<HR>
<UL>
<dtml-in results>
<dtml-with "getobject(data_record_id_)">
<LI><A HREF="#<dtml-var url>"><dtml-var title_or_id></A>
</dtml-with>
</dtml-in>
</UL>

<dtml-in results>

<dtml-with "getobject(data_record_id_)">
<A NAME="<dtml-var url>">
<HR>
<B><dtml-var title html_quote></B>
</dtml-with>
<P>
<A HREF="http://www.zope.org/<dtml-var SCRIPT_NAME>/<dtml-var url>">
http://www.zope.org/<dtml-var SCRIPT_NAME>/<dtml-var url>
</A>
<P>
Date: <dtml-var date fmt="Date">
<P>
Author: <dtml-var creator html_quote>
<P>
<dtml-with "getobject(data_record_id_)">
<B>Tip:</B>
<P>
<dtml-var "_.getitem('tip')">
<P>
<B>Details:</B>
<P>
<dtml-var "_.getitem('details')">
<P>
</dtml-with>
</dtml-in>
</dtml-with>
</dtml-with>
</BODY>
</HTML>

>  I find the ZDP and Zope search engines to be quite
> unusable and would like to either stuff them in a database or use grep
> on them.

I definitely have to work on this stuff, but I also would
like to hear how you would like the search to be.

Greetings,

Maik Röder

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on