[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book/Preface

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 20:22:02 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZopeBook/Preface.stx#1-0

---------------

  Welcome to *The Zope Book*. This book is designed to introduce you to
  Zope and its uses.  Zope is an open-source web application server.  If
  you are interested in writing web pages, programming web scripts, using
  databases, managing content, or doing a collaborative web development
  task, then you should read this book.

    % mcdonc - Apr. 5, 2002 4:01 pm:
     Please note that folks are encouraged to use the comment buttons to submit comments.  Thanks!

    % Anonymous User - Apr. 5, 2002 6:44 pm:
     The "Comment" buttons are too distracting. I like the idea but small icon on the right in the pastel colour
     should be enough. Large yellow button makes reading the text rather hard.

    % Anonymous User - Apr. 6, 2002 12:03 am:
     Not to "me too", but ditto on the previous comment regarding the Comment button.

    % Anonymous User - Apr. 6, 2002 10:36 am:
     Use the "COM off"/"COM on" button at the top to control whether or not comments and comment buttons are
     displayed.

    % Anonymous User - Apr. 6, 2002 8:07 pm:
     Turning COM off does not address the previous comments with which I concur. Why make Comment a graphic? Just
     make it a link on the right of the page so it isnt so distracting.

    % Anonymous User - Apr. 6, 2002 8:22 pm:
     At this point, it's a tradeoff. Please try to live with it now until I can figure out how to make it appear
     on the right of the page without effecting layout. Note that the COM button should set a cookie that turns
     comments off for all pages forever (or until you flush the cookie), but this is currently broken under some
     versions of Mozilla.