[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Advanced Zope Scripting

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:07:23 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ScriptingZope.stx#3-38

---------------

      You can easily process this form with a script named
      *actionScript* that includes *name* and *age* in its parameter
      list::

        ## Script (Python) "actionScript"
        ##parameters=name, age
        ##
        "Process form"
        context.processName(name)
        context.processAge(age)
        return context.responseMessage()

        % Anonymous User - Aug. 30, 2002 7:26 am:
         I don't understand why you keep giving such senseless examples. I mean in order to get this code to work you
         would have to create methods or scripts named "processName", "processAge" and "responseMessage" if am not
         mistaken.
         How am I supposed to understand what you are trying to explain here, when your code doesn't work.
         At this point I am quite frustrated as it is by far not the first time your examples don't work.

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 26, 2002 6:23 pm:
         just forget this "context.processName(name)" stuff, it is nonsensical here. blf

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 10, 2002 11:07 pm:
         Hmm. This seems to be a common theme throughout all Zope documentation. The examples frequently refer to
         components that the user doesn't have. Paragraphs refer to concepts the user has not yet been introduced to,
         and don't include cross-references. For some reason everyone who writes Zope documentation lacks an awareness
         of their audience; more so than in most other products. Ironically this is probably because Zope is so easy
         to use that each concept, once learned, becomes so obvious that documention no longer seems necessary.