[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:36:48 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#3-87

---------------

      The startup log says that the Zope FTP server is listening
      to port 8021 on the machine named *peanut*.  When you
      start WS_FTP, you will need to know the machine name and
      port information so you can connect to Zope via FTP.
      After typing in the machine name and port of your Zope
      server, hit the Connect button.  WS_FTP will now ask you
      for a username and password.  Enter your management
      username and password for the Zope management interface.

        % Anonymous User - Nov. 10, 2002 11:36 am:
         No go. I think my syntax in ws-ftp might be wrong. No place in ws-ftp to specify port like this. I tried for
         example peanut, peanut:8021, localhost.peanut:8021, etc (where I substituted my machine name for "peanut" in
         actual). ws-ftp has a place for port in "advanced settings" that defaults to port "21" which I presume is
         actually 8021. Tried that. Still no go.
         btw, Zope is pretty dang cool