[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Creating Basic Zope Applications

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:09:33 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/SimpleExamples.stx#3-21

---------------

      Take a look at how your site appears by clicking on the
      *View* tab in the root folder, as shown in [5-2].

        % Anonymous User - June 20, 2002 9:51 am:
         I did everything written in your documentation but I didn't succeed.
         I don't see the following lines :
         . Fish
         . Mammals
         . Reptiles

         It seems   that navigation was never called.
         Can you help me

        % Anonymous User - June 26, 2002 8:05 am:
         I have same problem

        % Anonymous User - June 26, 2002 8:15 am:
         Petrov Andey: index_html must be DTML method

        % Anonymous User - July 1, 2002 7:14 am:
         I had the same problem. Both index_html and standard_html_header are DTML methods. (I also tried it with the
         header as a DTML doc and that made no difference)

        % Anonymous User - July 1, 2002 7:19 am:
         Solved it! EVERYTHING seems to need to be a method rather than a document. (So that's: index_html,
         standard_html_header, navigation)
         Is there any point using DTML documents then?

        % Anonymous User - Aug. 28, 2002 3:30 pm:
         Make sure that <dtml-var standard_html_header> is not in your navigation method

        % Saman - Nov. 15, 2002 8:09 am:
         This is wrong...the method objectvalue('folder') loks for the name of the subfolders in the curent folder,if
         you dont see the navigation when you click on rptile its because within the reptile folder there os no
         subfolders.how ever if you create some foldersthen you will be a ble to see navigation.So the coplet Design
         of this navigation is wrong...