[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Testing and Debugging

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:42:03 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/TestingAndDebugging.stx#4-16

---------------

        You can use the 'ZPublisher.Zope' function to simulate an HTTP
        request. Pass the function a URL relative the your root Zope
        object. Here is an example of how to simulate an HTTP request
        from the debugger::

          >>> ZPublisher.Zope('')

          <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Zope</TITLE>

            ... blah blah...

          </BODY></HTML>

          % Anonymous User - Nov. 22, 2002 8:42 am:
           Can I use ZPublisher.Zope() as a link between an HTTP server and the ZPublisher machinery? I need to bypass
           the ZServer and make Apache pass a web request directly to ZPublisher. Any howtos/docs available? Thanks