[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Extending Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:16:04 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx#2-71

---------------

    In the next section, you'll see how to create a *distribution* of
    your Product, so that you can share it with others or deliver it
    to a customer.

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 13, 2002 10:16 am:
       I realize that documentation usually lags behind a product, especially when the product is changing. However,
       I think a lot of the Zope documentation would benefit from consistently showing examples on how to do things
       in more ways then just the manage screens or dtml methods.
       For example. After reading this I now feel comfortable creating new ZClasses and adding properties and
       methods, views etc... But, It is not all together clear to me as a Zope newbie on how to programatically add
       instances of the class thorugh something other than the management screen.
       If you were to adopt a standard for examples that consistently included how to access the functionality,
       (management screens, dtml-methods, zope page templates, and python scripts) I think it would get the message
       across on how you can work with the zope object framework.
       I hope this is taken as a suggestion and not a complaint, because I think Zope is a great product and I look
       forward to working with future versions.