[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/ZODB Persistent Components

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:43:08 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Persistence.stx#2-19

---------------

    Working with simple python types is useful, but the real power of
    ZODB comes out when you store your own kinds of objects in the
    database.  For example, consider a class that represents a
    employee::

      from Persistence import Persistent

      class Employee(Persistent):

          def setName(self, name):
              self.name = name

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 16, 2002 7:43 am:
       I get the message

       Error Value: exceptions.ImportError on import of "Persistent" from "Persistence" is unauthorized in '', at
       line 15, column 11
       I am the zope administrator and I am running it in a Win98, therefore shouldn't be problems with the
       authorization.
       I am running it in a Python script that I call from a dtml page. Is there any problem with this? somebody can
       tell me why I get this problem?