[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Introducing Zope

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 18:51:44 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/IntroducingZope.stx#2-33

---------------

    There are many tools available to help you build web
    applications. Early in the history of the web, simple web
    applications were built almost exclusively with CGI programs
    written in Perl or other languages. Now there are a host of
    options ranging from open source frameworks like PHP, to
    commercial options such as Allaire's Cold Fusion, Java application
    servers, and Vignette's Story Server.

      % Anonymous User - May 18, 2002 3:20 pm:
       A nice PHP application framework which is commercial is http://www.logicreate.com (FYI).

      % Anonymous User - May 25, 2002 10:29 am:
       Vignette.....god help you...

      % Anonymous User - July 12, 2002 1:48 am:
       I think using the phrase "held hostage" twice in a single chapter is a bit much.
       I actually find the phrase too sensationalistic to be used outside of the tabloids, but will (grudgingly) put
       up with it once.

      % mcdonc - July 12, 2002 8:34 am:
       I happen to agree that it's a bit much.  But out of curiosity what will you do if you see it again?  Sue?

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 7, 2002 6:16 am:
       Not all Java application servers are "commercial options"! You could write BEA Weblogic or IBM Websphere, if
       you wanted to mension a commercial vendor, or JBoss as an open source alternative.

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 7, 2002 6:51 pm:
       testing
       to see
       how this works....