[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Advanced Zope Scripting

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:28:41 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ScriptingZope.stx#3-8

---------------

      Zope breaks apart the URL and compares it to the object
      hierarchy, working backwards until it finds a match for each
      part.  This process is called *URL traversal*. For example, when
      you give Zope the URL *Zoo/LargeAnimals/hippo/feed*,  it starts
      at the root folder and looks for an object named *Zoo*. It then
      moves to the *Zoo* folder and looks for an object named
      *LargeAnimals*. It moves to the *LargeAnimals* folder and looks
      for an object named *hippo*. It moves to the *hippo* object and
      looks for an object named *feed*. The *feed* script can't be
      found in the *hippo* object and is located in the *Zoo* folder
      by a process called *acquisition*.

        % Anonymous User - May 29, 2002 3:20 pm:
         s/by a process called acquisition/by acquisition/

         Every reader should know the term "acquisition" by now.

        % Anonymous User - June 4, 2002 4:22 pm:
         Unless they skipped straight here like I did...

        % Anonymous User - June 12, 2002 9:17 am:
         It is reasonable to assume that someone reading the" Advanced..." chapter has read or at least understands
         its predecessor, the "Basic..." chapter. I'm with May 29.

        % Anonymous User - June 13, 2002 8:00 am:
         I skipped straight here too. Perhaps make "Aquisition" a A HREF to its earlier explanation ?

        % Anonymous User - June 19, 2002 2:16 pm:
         I skipped straight here too, because I have a job to do. I know Python and Zope, and I just want to write a
         small script.

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 10, 2002 5:28 pm:
         June 19 - If you "know Zope" and you don't know Acquisition, then you don't know Zope. Im with May 29. Now
         lets move on.