[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:37:04 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#2-98

---------------

    Versions are a powerful tool for group collaboration. You don't
    have to run a live server and a test server since versions let you
    make experiments, evaluate them and then make them public when you
    decide that all is well. You are not limited to working in a
    version alone. Many people can work in the same version. This way
    you can collaborate on version's changes together, while keeping
    the changes hidden from the general public.

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 16, 2002 3:37 am:
       I encountered a problem using versions such that there was some kind of deadlock: I could not save or discard
       changes in a version, because ZOPE told me that there was a lock from somewhere else. I was not able to find
       out how to cope with that problem. Perhaps it would be useful to add some paragraph to the book how the
       handling of exceptional situations should be handled, and what means ZOPE provides to find out the source of
       such an exception.