[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Advanced Page Templates

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:36:58 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AdvZPT.stx#4-0

---------------

        Normally, the 'tal:replace' and 'tal:content' statements
        escape HTML tags and entities in the text that they insert,
        converting '<' to '&lt;', for instance.  If you actually want
        to insert the unquoted text, you need to precede the
        expression with the 'structure' keyword.  For example::

            the <b>story</b>

          % gregholmes - Apr. 19, 2002 3:45 pm:
           Shouldn't it be tal:replace in the example above? I'm new to Page Templates, so I might be missing something.

          % Anonymous User - June 9, 2002 3:23 pm:
           I absolutely agree. I found "container" and "here" (and the other like words) very obscure. I was amazed when
           finally way down in this chapter found an explantion. What a relief! Much brain hurting would be fixed by
           explaining these basic elements of the examples sooner.

          % Anonymous User - Sep. 25, 2002 4:36 pm:
           Not so intimate w html, so: Whats the diff between "HTML tag" and "HTML entity"?