[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Appendix A: DTML Reference

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:49:55 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AppendixA.stx#3-79

---------------

      Looping over sub-objects::

        <dtml-in objectValues>
          title: <dtml-var title><br>
        </dtml-in>

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 26, 2002 7:49 am:
         That's fine if we put this DTML snippet in a DTML method an we call it on a client object that subclasses
         ObjectManager class (like a folder).
         What if we want this snippet to be embedded in an acquirable header (say standard_html_header) in order to
         iterate over the tags of the HTML page that acquires it? Is it possible (possibly changing the dtml-in's
         argument from objectValues to something else)?
         We could want to iterate over the 'anchor' HTML tags of a page to perform URL rewriting, for exaple.