[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Advanced Zope Scripting

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:31:39 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ScriptingZope.stx#3-45

---------------

      These converters all work in more or less the same way to coerce a
      string form variable into a specific type. You may recognize these
      converters from Chapter 3, "Using Basic Zope Objects",  where we
      discussed properties. These converters are used by Zope's property
      facility to convert properties to the right type.

        % Anonymous User - July 2, 2002 4:51 pm:
         s/string form variable/string from variable/

        % Anonymous User - July 18, 2002 8:36 pm:
         no, a string form variable, that is, a form variable which is a string

         "string from variable" makes no sense at all, what, we're going to convert a string from a variable to an
         integer? get a clue

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 26, 2002 6:31 pm:
         how about *record* and *records* ?