[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Introducing Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 04:56:30 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/IntroducingZope.stx#2-11

---------------

    From a business perspective, there are three key ideas to understanding
    what Zope can do for you: powerful collaboration, simple content
    management, and web components.  The following sections are mostly
    oriented towards business people making decisions about Zope, so if you
    are interested in jumping right in, skip to the next chapter, *Using
    Zope*.

      % Anonymous User - July 23, 2002 6:30 pm:
       Again with the hype. Knock it off! Readers can decide for themselves whether something is "powerful" or
       "simple". Who trained the author? Microsoft?

      % Anonymous User - July 28, 2002 10:03 am:
       Do you mean really that the author himself is not free to give his opinion on the product, or does everyone
       have to ask for your permission when speaking about his own work??...as far as I'm concerned there's freedom
       of expression on civilised countries...where do tou live?

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 5, 2002 5:47 am:
       I'm not not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes. But I agreed with the first
       comment. I'm tired of applications that permanently boast about being the greatest. It's not necessary to
       inflationate the documentation with such adjetives. Do you know sombody that would say that his product is
       not the best and the gratest?

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 30, 2002 4:56 am:
       I've read a range of books that range from program/platform evangelism to extremely objective to the point of
       giving a very honest comparison of the program/platform to its main competitors (I do tend to be impressed
       with the latter more :). At the same time this is a introductory book and not a specifically so you want to
       not cram the information into the lowest volume - some lighter descriptive sentences help the book be less
       daunting.