[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Installing and Starting Zope

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sun Dec 7 07:48:45 EST 2003

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/InstallingZope.stx#3-33

---------------

      Zope is written primarily in the Python language, and Zope
      requires Python to be able to run at all.  Though binary
      versions of Zope ship with a recent Python, the source Zope
      distribution does not.  Although we try to use the most recent
      Python for Zope, often the latest Python version is more recent
      than the version we "officially" support for Zope.  For the most
      recent information on which version of Python you need to
      compile Zope with, see the release notes on the Web page for
      each version. Zope versions 2.5 and 2.6 require a Python 2.1
      version equal to or greater than 2.1.3.  Zope 2.3 and earlier
      versions require Python 1.5.2.  **No version of Zope is yet
      officially compatible with any version of Python 2.2.**

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 7, 2003 7:48 am:
         Update:  Zope 2.7 *requires* Python 2.3.