[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Zope Products

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Tue Dec 9 17:50:39 EST 2003

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Products.stx#3-64

---------------

      This creates a DTML Method on your class which is defined in the
      'dtml/edit.dtml' file. Notice that you do not have to include the
      '.dtml' file extension. Also, don't worry about the forward slash
      as a path separator; this convention will work fine on Windows. By
      convention DTML files are placed in a 'dtml' subdirectory of your
      product. The 'globals()' argument to the 'DTMLFile' constructor
      allows it to locate your product directory. If you are running
      Zope in debug mode then changes to DTML files are reflected right
      away. In other words you can change the DTML of your product's
      views without restarting Zope to see the changes.

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 9, 2003 5:50 pm:
         <quote>don't worry about the forward slash as a path separator; this convention will work fine on
         Windows</quote> but not in my case (Plone 1.0.5 on Win2000). I would therefore recommend not to use a
         dtml-folder. (That works.)