[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Components and Interfaces

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 08:59:46 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/ComponentsAndInterfaces.stx#2-15

---------------

    To create an interface object using Python's class syntax, create a
    Python class that subclasses from 'Interface.Base'::

      from Interface import Base

      class Hello(Base):

          def hello(self, name):
              """ Say hello to the world """

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 25, 2002 6:00 pm:
       'from Interface import Base' SHOULD BE 'from Interface import Interface'. From the __init__.py file of the
       Interface package: Base = Interface # XXX We need to stamp out Base usage.

      % Anonymous User - Jan. 5, 2003 8:59 am:
       Could you mention that Interface.Base is a Zope module. Im a java/c++ developer trying to adopt zope as a
       platform. I would be useful to mention that Interface.Base is zope specific and not something from the python
       relm.