[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Creating Basic Zope Applications

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:52:04 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/SimpleExamples.stx#1-1

---------------

  *Note: in chapter 3, "Basic Zope Objects", we explained how Zope
  Page Templates are new to Zope and should be used for presentation.
  We have not yet converted this chapter over to use Page Templates
  instead of DTML.  We will be rewriting this chapter soon to reflect
  new methedologies based on page templates soon.*

    % Anonymous User - Jan. 14, 2003 11:22 am:
     This has been promissed for a year now, the previous comments lamenting this fact were taken out. What needs
     to happen here? Most Zopers are quite eager for this chapter!!!

    % Anonymous User - Jan. 14, 2003 12:52 pm:
     Th comments were removed because they were not helpful and becoming more inflammatory and annoying every day.
     The writer that made this promise in the 2.5 edition of the book is no longer working on the Book. This is a
     now a volunteer effort. A new version of the Zope Book is available at
     http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition. Its Creating Basic Zope Applications chapter has
     not yet been edited, but it is on the plate. It will hopefully have ZPT examples.