[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Zope Products

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 16:52:08 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Products.stx#3-45

---------------

      Finally you should recognize that the constructor functions are
      *not* methods on your product class. In fact they are called
      before any instances of your product class are created. The
      constructor functions are published on the web so they need to
      have doc strings, and are protected by a permission defined in
      during product initialization.

        % Anonymous User - Feb. 15, 2002 3:35 pm - At this point I would like to see another COMPLETE source code summary that lists each file source code... to clarify where all these methods are declared... it's not exactly clear to someone who's never done this before.

        % Anonymous User - Feb. 19, 2002 11:13 pm - Is it possible to define destructor for the product class? If the product instance does something outside zope it will probably have to clean up before being destroyed.

        % Anonymous User - May 30, 2003 4:52 pm:
         I've been searching everywhere to answer this questions!  I need destructors
         and copy constructors as I've built a Product whose instances have a 1 to 1
         corelation with database tables.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've been digging
         through zope's python and have yet to turn anything up!