[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Using Zope Page Templates

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sun Apr 4 16:08:36 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx#2-36

---------------

    The 'tal:repeat' statement on the table row means "repeat this row
    for each item in my container's list of object values".  The
    repeat statement puts the objects from the list into the 'item'
    variable one at a time (this is called the *repeat variable*), and
    makes a copy of the row using that variable.  The value of
    "item/getId" in each row is the Id of the object for that row, and
    likewise with "item/meta_type" and "item/title".

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 4, 2004 4:08 pm:
       Suppose you just want to repeat <p>BOOGER</p> five times. By the end of this section we still don't know how
       to do that.