[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Using Zope Page Templates

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sun Feb 1 04:57:29 EST 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx#2-24

---------------

    The "template/title" path expression fetches the 'title' property
    of the template.  Here are some other common path expressions:

      o 'request/URL': The URL of the current web request.

      o 'user/getUserName': The authenticated user's login name.

      o 'container/objectIds': A list of Ids of the objects in the
      same Folder as the template.

      % Anonymous User - Nov. 4, 2003 10:40 am:
       First, the syntax has not been explained.
       Second, we do not know what an expression is.
       Third, wer are already being confronted with "request", "container" and objectIDs.
       But, we don't know what any of these things mean. The text does not promote learning but confusion and is
       understandable only to those who already know how things work. That does not help the Zope community grow.
       Tom Snell

      % Anonymous User - Feb. 1, 2004 4:57 am:
       Tom Snell can not seriously be your name. Ahahahaha. I pity you, no wonder you turned out to be such a snot
       nosed whining nuisance.