[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Creating Basic Zope Applications

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Mon Jan 26 02:01:03 EST 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SimpleExamples.stx#1-0

---------------

  XXX - this chapter is not done.  I got to just before "Factoring Out
  Stylesheets" and quit for now. The material prior to that needs to
  be expanded and cleaned up as well. The examples also need to be
  converted to page templates. -chrism

    % Anonymous User - Dec. 4, 2003 10:21 am:
     NEW VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER AVAILABLE AT:

     http://zope.org/Members/jwhitener/zopeZoo_2_6

     Use the link above for a completely rewritten version of this chapter which uses Page Templates instead of
     DTML and includes many other updates and improvements.

    % Anonymous User - Jan. 17, 2004 12:26 pm:
     This tutorial is a very good rewritten version of this chapter but it is little bit to much a "word by word"
     translation.
     For, one of advantages of zpt is to edit and see templates entirely in a wysiwyg editor.
     or when you cut your zpt like dtml method you can't see the result wholly, it is for this reason I prefer use
     the metal language with metal:use-macro=".." et metal:fill-slot than
     What do you think about my opinion.
     Loïc

    % Anonymous User - Jan. 26, 2004 2:01 am:
     Rewritten version is excellent! Thanks jwhitener for a most useful intro. With navigation, template
     construction and a basic style sheet under my belt I think I know enough to launch straight into my first
     zope website. (I'll read a few more sections first though, just in case... :-) -sm.