[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Appendix B: API Reference

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Tue Jun 1 05:59:13 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixB.stx#3-385

---------------

      Change the script's main parameters.  This method accepts the
      following arguments:

        REQUEST -- The current request.

        title -- The new value of the Python Script's title.  This must
        be a string.

        params -- The new value of the Python Script's parameters.  Must
        be a comma seperated list of values in valid python function
        signature syntax.  If it does not contain a valid signature
        string, a SyntaxError is raised.

        body -- The new value of the Python Script's body.  Must contain
        valid Python syntax.  If it does not contain valid Python syntax,
        a SyntaxError is raised.

        % Anonymous User - June 1, 2004 5:59 am:
         There is no comment button in the next statement, so I will provide one here.
         Note that there is a bug in the manage_addPythonScript method!!!
         To create a script you must use the following construction:

         Folder.manage_addProduct['PythonScripts'].manage_addPythonScript(...)

         instead of

         Folder.manage_addPythonScript(...)

         I think this should be corrected in the following releases!