[Zope-ZEO] AFS Open Source

Bjorn Stabell bjorn@exoweb.net
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:06:09 +0800

Coda is open source too, isn't it?  Why use AFS?  Also, for
synchronizing product trees I find rsync or rdist are quite sufficient;
at least then I can control when I want to synchronize them.

I wish it was the other way around: ZODB was available as a file system,
so I could use a toolset of XML applications to interactively analyze or
change it, from the command line. :)

Bye,
--
Bjorn

-----Original Message-----
From: Monty Taylor [mailto:mtaylor@goldridge.net]
Posted At: Monday, November 13, 2000 19:42
Posted To: Zope Enterprise
Conversation: [Zope-ZEO] AFS Open Source
Subject: [Zope-ZEO] AFS Open Source

I'd like to point out, for those who don't read slashdot every minute,
that IBM has released AFS as Open Source. AFS is the ancestor of the
Coda filesystem, and is one of the coolest Distributed filesystems out
there. It's a beast, administration wise, but it certainly could help
keeping the product tree in sync across multiple ZEO clients. We're
working implementing it here, and if we finish before I leave, I'll
certainly let everyone know how it goes.

Monty