[ZODB-Dev] Weird InvalidObjectReference exception :-(

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:03:38 -0400

  CM> Just that somehow you're trying to create a reference to a
  CM> persistent object stored in "database A" within "database B".
  CM> How you're doing this I don't know.

I've never seen an InvalidObjectReference in practice, so I don't have
any good strategy for resolving them.  But I'll add that ZEO and the
cache shouldn't have anything to do with it <knock on wood>.

How many different databases are you using?  I'd look for an attribute
reference from an object in one database to a BTree object.  You could
extend the __traceback_info__ to include the transaction metadata,
then you'd know user / path of the transaction that is failing.

BTW, what version of Zope?

Jeremy